The First One


31 December 2017


Hi Sweetie,

I write this to you while you are fast asleep and I have got some time to gather my thoughts around your questions and observations. This December, you completed 2 years and 8 months and you are a bundle of curiosity.

Sometimes, my patience fails to keep up with it. Sometimes I fail to answer your questions, Sometimes I neglect them because I am doing something absolutely worthless in comparison, like ordering groceries or ironing clothes. I know it's wrong. Each night after you go to sleep and I am too tired to even get up and fetch a glass of water though i am parched I feel guilty as hell.

I don't want these letters to to be sermons teaching you right and wrong. You are a smart kid and you will know right from wrong pretty soon. I dare say you already have a fair idea. 

I don't want these letters to lecture you  about figuring out your future. I haven't wrapped my head around it myself.  I will try and address some questions you bounce off me every now and then. I'll also try to capture your observations, which I would like to call philosophies.

I don't know if you would think it totally uncool to be reading letters when you grow up, nevertheless, i would have the satisfaction of having answered your questions. 

Know this, that at every waking and sleeping moment , I am thinking of you. And I want you to know that your questions are very important to me. Even if I do not have an answer immediately. it's not as if i am neglecting or ignoring you.

You throw them questions at me baby and i will search high and low on Google and in my soul for their answers. 

Love, 
forever and for always,
Ma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Brilliance

When We met Marylin Monroe

Are All the Questions Done?