Elementary, my dear Koko


When I ask you how was school

You smile, or frown, or play around
You don't have the patience
To recall the names
of your friends, or teachers
A slight yes here, and a no there
That is all I know of your school

Then I play Holmes
And rummage your bag
Or your pockets or almanac

Do I see some sand on your bag?
So you've been to the park
Again rolling about
Now, I'd need to wash your uniform again
Do I see a toffee wrapper in your pocket?
Must have been someone's birthday
Do I see some paint on your pants?
Some serious painting must be going on
Is that some chutney on your napkin?
So you're sharing food with your friends 

When I ask you these
to confirm
You're wide-eyed 
in awe
I smile, it's elementary
my dear Koko.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Brilliance

When We met Marylin Monroe

Are All the Questions Done?