The Usual



Dear Koko,

I have been highly irregular, but then life has been highly irregular the last couple of months - no about a year now? 

I am sorry you had to see all this now. Now when you should be going to school and filling up your pocket with sand and share everything with your friends. Instead we are teaching you to be wary of people, stay away from them, not shake hands, not hug, not share. What a strange world it is!

The other day I was telling you to sit and complete your homework. I know homework is such a chore for you. You don't want to do it. You'd rather watch TV and play video games. I used to get very irate initially (full disclosure - I still do) when I'd want you to read and paint and you sneak out for some TV time. 

I think to myself, watching so much TV will fry your brain. But then wouldn't this crazy loneliness too? This weird time when both parents are home but hey can't give you focused attention for whatever reason (work mostly, or their own sanity). So ok, maybe you are watching a little more that average TV that we used to when we were kids. But then again, we had other distractions, like school, and friends, and outdoor playtime - what we used to call "the usual". Now this is "the usual". Nothing will be usual anymore. 

Love,

Ma


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Brilliance

When We met Marylin Monroe

Are All the Questions Done?