Dugga Dugga

Hi Koko,







Surprise plans are the best aren’t they? We came to Calcutta for a very short trip during Pujo this year and I was so looking forward to you enjoying every moment of it. 

The only miss from my end was this - I wanted you to enjoy every moment of Pujo just how I remembered to have enjoyed as a kid. Walking on and on till my feet ached, jostling through crowds, sweating in new clothes and having ice-cream and chicken roll with abandon. 

Your idea of fun during pujo is so much different from mine, that I am almost heartbroken. When someone asks you what are your plans for pujo, you proudly talk them through how you have chosen a t-shirt for yourself which says “To-do List” and has only one entry  - Nothing, which is checked. You go on to explain to them that that is precisely your plan. You are going to wear new clothes, eat luchi at home and just do nothing, maybe play a game or read your joke book, of course Netflix is always there. But never go out. 

Ashtami, which I have sold to you as the main day of the Pujo, was the only time you begrudgingly came out, and did a dugga dugga from safe distance. 

Well maybe that’s not such a bad thing in the current situation, but I keep having this nagging feeling - you’re missing the lights, and the bhenpu and the egg roll hogging. Aah well, let’s agree to disagree, shall we?

Love,

Ma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Brilliance

When We met Marylin Monroe

Are All the Questions Done?