That Phase

 Dear Koko, 

I like how you try to humor me and humor anyone in general. So the phase of "let me tell you a joke" has begun. What began as me obviously liking whatever you say because I am biologically obliged to, has quickly moved to me actually looking forward to what is really going in that little head of yours. 



Apart from the obvious toilet jokes there are some real good ones out there. 

The play on the words...

Q: What do you call a dog who sits under the sofa?

A: An underdog

Then you are amazed at what I have to say about "understanding" and "motivating"!

Or when you amazed me by letting me know you even know this:

Q: Where do forks and spoons compete?

A: The Super Bowl

Always, invariably, these bouts of creativity hit you when you we are sitting down for homework. Because what's a better time to exercise your brain, right?



And God forbid I say something, you roll your eyes and say "Ma don't scoldeth me". That is your idea of sprinkling Shakespearean language into anything to appease me. I am not amused. 

Love, 

Ma




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Brilliance

When We met Marylin Monroe

Are All the Questions Done?