Parental Guidance

 


Hey Koko,

Since you are six years old now and in Class 1, I have started treating you like a big boy. I don’t need to do everything for you, so I encourage you to independently complete your work. Finish your food, dress yourself, comb your hair, keep you room arranged.

The initiative is well, in the initiative stage still. Have not seen a great amount of success very honestly. Routinely I see unfinished food on the table and you sitting somewhere far away, daydreaming, or playing or some such. The room is a mess, the hairstyle is suspect, and don’t get me started on the t-shirt worn wrong. Now your father has an insatiable appetite to put up with such whims, I do not. After being patient for a while, I feel, the boy will go hungry, let me feed him. He will learn to finish food another day. If things go this way, his hair will never be properly combed, so I brush your hair again. You wear your pants such that the drawstrings are at the back and you pretend to be monkey. No monkeying around while I am there I think, and I promptly get it back in order.

So the other day, while you were intent upon buttoning up your night suit, I mentioned that you do not need any parental guidance to do it as you are a big boy now. I meant it purely by the way of encouraging you and pat came the reply from you, “You are always parental guiding me Ma!”

OMG! I am dreading the teens already. But ok, point taken, let’s have you with the unkempt hair and wrong pants for a month and see if any guidance is required or you learn to not remain hungry.

Love,

Ma

Comments

  1. Lovely letter on parenting....I am sure after the initial helter skelter, koko will soon learn to put everything in order.
    And for the maa, i really appreciate how u gather so many little things and make such a fine man out of koko. Loads of love to both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Brilliance

When We met Marylin Monroe

Are All the Questions Done?